Thursday, June 4, 2009

In the scrapping mood...

I've taken a little break from designing this week. I've been in the scrapping mood and it feels great! So relaxing for me. I've been working on some challenges and having a good time. I thought I'd share some layouts with you, I like how they turned out. If you are familiar with my layouts, you might notice that from time to time I reuse pictures. There is a reason for this. You see, my plan is to put together some books for my son. One for every year of his life. He is only two right now and doesn't know the difference, so I am not under a deadline. I like scrapping multiple layouts with my favorite pictures... I like to have options. Also, my main gallery was at The Digi Chick and unfortunately they lost their gallery recently. The bright side to this is that I get to play around with some of my favorite pics and kits again. You can click on the layouts to enlarge them, if you'd like to see them better.

The color challenge at STS this month is to use brown, green and pink. I made this layout using my Like No Other Kit and the Add-On Mini Kit. I really like how the clustered border turned out, so after finishing the layout I turned it into a Birthday Card for our members to use in the forum. I saved the PSD file, I'm hoping to find a better picture.



I made this layout for the Inspiration Challenge at TDC. The challenge was to complete a former Digi Dare! How fun, I always like their challenges... don't always have the time to participate. I chose Digi Dare #132. Dare Flair: No square or rectangles, must use a black & white photo and use four different types of fastners. Credits: Stitches from Candyfloss Paper Flowers by Mari Koegelenberg, Brad from Kiss of Spring by Gypsy Couture, all other elements and papers from rawr. by Amy Sumrall. I actually scrapped this photo earlier in the week using Monster Cute by Every Ever After Designs... but in a rushed moment I accidentally deleted my entire STS gallery! Yikes! I'll have to work on getting that back up.



I made this layout today for the Sketch Challenge at TDC. It really is a great template, it has the most beautifully subtle shadows. I used Flight of Fancy Mini Kit by Elise's Pieces. This kit is adorable. It was just released today so it was on sale 20% off, can you believe I picked it up for $2.00?!



I have some exciting news... I'm guest CT'ing for Gypsy Couture this month! If you aren't familiar with her work, you should check it out - gorgeous! I used her kit Sweet Imagination for this week's Scraplift Challenge at TDC, which by the way is being hosted by Dani.



Speaking of CT'ing, I was invited to be on the QP team over at Pretty Scrappy, I thought it'd be fun so I accepted! I'll be posting my first QP freebie for them shortly.

Hope you enjoyed my layouts! Happy Scrapping!

No comments: